It’s Not Easy For Manufacturers To Maintain A Traditional Model Of In-house Engineering
In today’s world of ever reducing headcount and tightening of capital budgets, it’s not easy for manufacturers to maintain a traditional model of in-house engineering. Typically, manufacturers are faced with one of 2 scenarios:
1) The demands of project definition and execution further overwhelm in-house engineers already swamped with constant support calls.
2) Business constraints make it impossible for a company to sustain dedicated, in-house engineering.
As a result, project focus disappears; upgrades, improvements, and maintenance are perpetually delayed; efficiency never improves; technology levels fall further behind current levels and the end outcome is that innovation vanishes.
There is only one way to avoid these very real issues – manufacturers need a flexible, innovative, and scalable source of engineering talent, whether to augment or replace in-house resources. And they need it consistently, economically, and reliably.
Avanceon’s offering – Industrial Automation as a Service (IAAS) – is designed to help companies meet this need. Avanceon IAAS is a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for providing the consistent level of engineering services necessary to innovate new or improved solutions, maintain and upgrade relevant technology, and build process efficiency and reliability on an ongoing basis.
Its focus is to provide single-cost, value-added services for upgrading, maintaining, and improving customer systems and training customers to operate them. It’s designed to help manufacturers maximize value from their automation assets while controlling their support and development costs.
With This Service, Manufacturers Receive
In the Avanceon model of Industrial Automation as a Service, manufacturers receive:
– A reliable Center of Competence
– Unique technology tools applied to support their assets
– Additional expert personnel when and where necessary
– Solutions, factory automation, and process optimization expertise with no capital investment
– Scalable services to plan, implement and/or expand changes with minimal increases in monthly spend.
Through an SLA contract, Avanceon provides its clients with automation upgrades, obsolescence remediation, maintenance delivery, and breakdown repairs.
In order to start IIAS there is a required assessment, interview and Service level alignment phase. This offer is for Avanceon to provide our service and support experts to perform the initial assessment. This assessment typically takes 1 to 3 days to complete. From the assessment the overall IIAS plan can be developed and the specific SLA put in place.